Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Suspicious Package

My wife called me at work and asked me to pick her up from a BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) station.  Here we go again, I thought.  It turned out to be a "suspicious package" at one of the stations, which caused them to shut down the line heading to our city.  I was about to hyperventilate over the BART system again, but this time they are innocent.  Or at least not guilty of the current turmoil.

Arriving  at the other station, there were cars everywhere and people packing doorways, since it was raining.  My iPhone directed me to my wife's location, since she had moved further away to find a place beyond the crowds and with some relatively clear parking.  Nice to have her safely back here.

4 comments:

Rummuser said...

We live in very interesting times indeed.

Looney said...

I am wondering when the BART system is going to get a real attack, or maybe become like the Paris Metro where gangs go from one train car to the next robbing people.

Max Coutinho said...

Hi Looney,

I'm glad everything was well in the end.
There's something interesting about security systems: they remind me of hospital machines (those measuring vital signs) that sometimes emit alarming sounds without us having a heart attack; then the nurse turns them off since they are so annoying until that moment... when the patient is really having a heart attack, the alarm is sounding yet it has been muted for convenience sake.

Cheers

Looney said...

@Max, Indeed. :)