Saturday, January 14, 2017

I Have A Dream!

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." - MLK speech

We can certainly thank Identity Politics that MLK's dream is dead:  Judging based on character rather than group identity is increasingly dangerous to ones position in society.  The irony being that those who killed the dream will celebrate MLK's life along with this speech this weekend as if they represent his legacy.

2 comments:

Rummuser said...

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2017/jan/13/divided-states-trump-america-failed-democracy

I intend buying the book.

Looney said...

From the reviews so far, it looks like he is repeating left-wing talking points. Let me know if he is any more thoughtful than that!