Friday, January 27, 2017

California secession continued.

The movement seems to be picking up steam.  Call me a hypocrite, but I was much more for Brexit than I am for Calexit.  Still, we must keep in mind that the EU was more favorable to Britain than the US is to California.  There might also be some question of borders, since Calexit would likely be most viable for the Bay Area and the greater Los Angeles suburban area, while the US might want to keep Tahoe, Yosemite and the Central Valley.  Since Northern California and Southern California don't get along particularly well, they might just have two separate countries, and it is hard to imagine that Sacramento would remain the capital.  On the other hand, the meaning of the name Sacramento - Holy Sacrament - might make it mandatory to retain this as a focal point for their constitutionally mandated desecrations of everything Christian.  We will need to wait and see.

What really is on my mind is what citizenship I will have after Calexit.  Will I be a Californian or an American?  Is dual citizenship possible?  Or perhaps I should just face the fact that I am a white, conservative Christian and will most likely be expelled from the Promised Land and/or sent to a re-education camp where I will vanish.  In case that happens to me, let me just say that it has been a good life and I have enjoyed interacting with many wonderful people over the internet.  Will miss all of you.

7 comments:

Inklings said...

Move to Utah.:)

Looney said...

That sounds good to me. Hope you can accommodate all the refugees!

Rummuser said...

If you emigrate to India, I promise you a home and all assistance to get you settled with Indian citizenship.

Looney said...

@Rummuser, that sure sounds like a good deal! I will try to hide among all the others who will be returning to India.

Inklings said...

Our governor refuses to comply with the refugee ban here and I like him all the more for that.

Looney said...

@Inklings, I certainly agree that refugees need to be treated well. The flip side being that the current intellectuals would consider more than half the world's population to be refugees if they simply want to move to the US or Europe for a more comfortable life.

Max Coutinho said...

Looney,

I agree that the word "refugees" is being manipulated. And I am shocked that most people, in America and beyond, do not understand what they read (if they read the draft of the executive order at all). The ban is temporary until a glitch in the ELIS is fixed as per DHS's recommendation; and this applies to immigrants, not refugees. As for the exec order regarding the Syrian refugees, people should get more informed about reality: most Syrian "refugees" aren't Syrian at all. Then we have another problem to look at: a quarter of million Syrian passports are for sale on the Dark Web. What do people think the implications of this are? So, any American State that refuses to comply with the ban should suffer punitive measures.

I don't think California will secede.

Cheers