Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Book Burnings. California Style.

The story is here.  This reminds me of a collection of the writings of the early church fathers that was at my local government library.  I made good use of it for some time, but then it disappeared from the shelf.  All 30 some volumes.   But not to gripe too much, time moves on and what was formerly deemed useful is no longer the case, with usage statistics to back this choice.  Or at least my optimistic imagination will cause me to think so.  The sinister side might consider that the University of California was simply anti- science and engineer, while my local library was anti-Christianity.  Nah.

2 comments:

Rummuser said...

I would imagine that digital versions of the books will be available for reference.

Looney said...

Many of the older references aren't available in a digital format. This would be important for graduate students.