Saturday, December 10, 2016

Awkward Situations

Pushing the envelope and boldly going where you have never gone before are some of my ideals.  A bit like The North Face's motto of "never stop exploring".  So today I was pushed to do something new that I had never done before.  Usually there is an adrenaline rush in such situations, but not so this time.  Maybe old age is causing me to take these things in stride.  Others might insist that I had been too cowardly and delayed for far too long.  Things that we fear that are far off, however, somehow creep up on us and we must deal with them whether we like it or not.  Procrastination reaches a final limit.  So I finally took the plunge.  I went shopping for some clothes for my grandson with my wife.  We now have a few new things to give him at Christmas.

5 comments:

Rummuser said...

Bravo! Clapping!!

Looney said...

Thanks. The risky part of this is that I don't know if a child's pair of socks are reasonably priced at 50 cents or 50 dollars. Buying something for the wrong amount has all kinds of potential nasty consequences as the females discuss whether or not a good deal was obtained!

Max Coutinho said...

LOL LOL LOL you killed me with this one, Looney. *nodding*

Hi,

Baby socks can cost $50, but they can also cost 50 cents if you buy them in a local Chinese store (but warning: the material may intoxicate the baby). It all depends on where you shop.

My grandmother is a great negotiator. She always manages to get good deals as she never pays what she's being asked for...it's the Indian blood in her (ask Rummy about it).

Thank you for the chuckles and I wish your baby grandson a first Merry Christmas :).

Cheers

Looney said...

@Max,

My inclination is still to leave this to the pros, of which your grandmother sounds like one! This is my grandson's second Christmas. I haven't been excited over a Christmas for many years now, but this changes everything!

Max Coutinho said...

Looney,

She is. My granny always gets the best deals, it's amazing. My mother says that being a grandparent is a superb feeling, so I understand how you're feeling :D.

Here's to your grandson's second Christmas! And Merry Festivities to you and your beautiful family.

Cheers