Saturday, December 31, 2016

2017?

Not sure I am ready for it.  A big chunk of America is still hysterical over the election.  They will not rest until Trump's head is brought to them on a platter.  Then there are all those poor souls who have no way to get to heaven unless they go out with a bang and bring some infidels with them.  2016 saw the War on Cops being inaugurated as a distraction from the total failure of the Christian Social Justice movement.  In parallel is the effort to disarm everyone except the criminals, and especially the gangs who deal freely in contraband and are the primary reason for the gun deaths.

On the other hand, I don't need to worry about the Black Death or some Viking raid.  No new alien spaceships have been reported from our solar system scans.  All is calm.

My final thought is from Jesus:

"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." - Matthew 6:34

Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Rummuser said...

I wish you a very happy new year. May what you want most be the least that you will get.

Cheerful Monk said...

"Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Best wishes for the coming year.

Looney said...

@Rummuser, my New Year's wish was to get over the first cold of the year, which is now happening. Since that was my only wish, the year is now complete! Happy New Year!

Looney said...

@CM, Happy New Year to you as well. The storms are heading through here now, so I will send them on and over to New Mexico!

Max Coutinho said...

Looney, Happy New Year! May 2017 be a spectacular year to you and to your family. Just remember that everything that happens, happens for a reason and all comes from יהוה. Many blessings and here's to another Blogging year :)

Cheers

Inklings said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. I wish you much happiness in it. Go forward with faith and I plan to, too.

Looney said...

@Max, I look forward to seeing another year of your Blogging!

Looney said...

@Inklings, and may the Lord bless you and your extended family. Happy New Year!

Max Coutinho said...

Cheers, my friend.