Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Something in the Water

It is good to be back in my lake.  One of my swim partners announced that her next goal is swimming the 22.5 miles of Loch Ness, which is a challenge since the max water temperature is about 54 degrees.  I don't mind 54 degrees for an hour or so, but 10 hours is a different matter.  Wondering how Nessie will react to a swimmer.  Meanwhile, the winter die back of plant life is going in the nearby lake which causes the remains to float to the surface for a time.  I have an allergic skin reaction when this rubs against me, so I have been using sunblock to minimize this, even though there is no sun.  This time I switched to Desitin, which is just a thicker version of Zinc-Oxide than the sunblock has.  The other side of the equation is that the temperature in the water will drop to winter levels in about a month and a half, so I must swim regularly to acclimate.

1 comment:

Max Coutinho said...

BRrrrrrrrr....hell nooooooo!