Saturday, May 17, 2014

Feel The Heat

The temperature wasn't that bad for a Friday Mission Peak event, but it seemed like I would pass out from heatstroke after the cold water swimming.  For those who are wondering, I am still exercising at least 10 hours per week, and I work a full time job, so blogging will continue to be light.

My weight dropped another 4 pounds this week, which is encouraging.  Losing weight will be harder over the next three weeks due to the wedding, and other interruptions.  There is now some awkwardness with pants and belts, so clearly something tangible is happening.  Thinking of Bible verses to help with this, we have Philippians 4:4 - "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice".  This should be the proper reaction to the disruptions.  Others might want to point me to the next verse, Philippians 4:5 - "Let your reasonableness be known to everyone".  Then we can discuss whether doing three hour workouts on an empty stomach while fasting is reasonable.



4 comments:

Rummuser said...

Way to go. I envy you.

Delirious said...

My husband just told me tonight that he needs to put another notch in his belt. Eating less fast food and cheese has helped him lose weight here.

Looney said...

@Rummuser, I am always thinking how much easier this would be if I were retired! But maybe there is something I don't know.

Looney said...

@Deiirious, congratulations to your husband. It always feels good to take a notch out of the belt.