Monday, February 17, 2014

Wedding Stuff

My daughter has found a wonderful young man and the inevitable is now firmly placed on the calendar.  Being old school, the planning of such things is "woman's work", so I have only been tuning in now and then to the preparations.  The only thing that has grabbed my attention is an attempt to coerce me into dancing during the festivities.  Something about the inviolability of tradition.  My solution to this will probably to be to head out for a trail run at night and sprain my ankle or break a leg a few days before the event.

6 comments:

Delirious said...

Ha ha! THat would work!

But actually, a new trend today is to choreograph a dance ahead of time to wow the guests. You could do that and it might be better than having to dance elegantly on the spur of the moment. :)

Luckily, my daughter was just as reluctant as my husband to dance, so we bipassed the dancing all together.

Rummuser said...

Congratulations. Don't be a spoil sport. Dance, take movies and post on your blog so that we can all rejoice with you.

Inklings said...

Or you might break or sprain something DURING the dance, which would be much more interesting and entertaining. :) JK

Max Coutinho said...

Hi Looney,

First, congratulations! I wish your daughter and her husband-to-be all the love, happiness and, mostly, wisdom.

You have to dance, Looney: it's tradition. My father didn't want to dance when I got married either, but he did in the end (not very well though lol). Take some classes, if need be :)

Before leaving...yes, wedding planning and preps are women's business (and gays). Men should stay out of it.

Cheers

Ursula said...

Yes, Looney, forward planning. On all counts. Be it the dress or your foot.

Have to say that I do have romantic notion of father dancing with bride: Think 'Godfather'(Marlon Brando). It's the one thing I have never quite forgiven my own father for. He refused. But then, according to my mother, he does have two left feet. Still ... sometimes it's the gesture, not the brilliance of execution, that counts.

U

Max Coutinho said...

Ursula,

Couldn't agree more.

Cheers