Friday, October 04, 2013

Future Directions

The pig is an animal that eats anything and swallows with minimum chewing.  Elsewhere in the Bible, we see that this is a type of person who has no judgment, accepts ideas indiscriminately and his thinking becomes unclean.  The cow, however, is picky about what it eats and takes his time to chew, which symbolizes the pondering of a decent person on good lessons.  With that in mind, it should be clear why I think that the following passage is a good description of where the US is likely headed:

"And when he [Jesus] came to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes,two demon-possessed men met him, coming out of the tombs, so fierce that no one could pass that way. And behold, they cried out, “What have you to do with us, O Son of God? Have you come here to torment us before the time?” Now a herd of many pigs was feeding at some distance from them. And the demons begged him, saying, “If you cast us out, send us away into the herd of pigs.” And he said to them, “Go.” So they came out and went into the pigs, and behold, the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea and drowned in the waters." - Matthew 8:28-30

12 comments:

Rummuser said...

Looney, you will feature in my blog post tomorrow! Thank you.

Delirious said...

Ahh.....I think you are right. What is so surprising to me is to see how quickly our country has changed, and how quickly it is headed down the tubes...

Ursula said...

Now I know what lemmings have in common with pigs possessed.

U

Looney said...

U, I see that there is a Hebrew word for lemming ... with roughly the same pronunciation. Somehow I suspect lemming isn't an original Semitic word.

Max Coutinho said...

Hi Looney,

A Christian, last week, told me that the passage you shared should be seen as a continuation of the commandments in the Torah, regarding unclean meat, and as such Christians should not eat pork...and yet they do. I immediately thought of you and what you would have to say about this...and here you are sharing that passage (synchronicity at its best).

About the US: I prefer to see how it will all end. But the process, is no doubt, being ugly.

Outstanding post.

Cheers

Looney said...

Hello Max,

It is undoubtedly much easier to avoid eating port than to avoid unclean thoughts! Especially with all the Halal restaurants nearby serving delicious food. But I think that the only legitimate Christian interpretation is that the laws against pork are to be taken as symbolic of the more important commands to keep the mind clean.

Max Coutinho said...

Looney,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

"It is undoubtedly much easier to avoid eating port than to avoid unclean thoughts!"

LOL I hear you. However many, in Portugal, would disagree. In fact, to stop eating pork is one of the most difficult challenges for many B'nei Anusim when they choose to go back to their ancestors' faith (at least in Portugal).

I hear you on the Halal restaurants: yummy food.
Ah, but it severely detracts from the Old Testament, doesn't it? Because in the Torah it really refers to not eating Pork due to its natural qualities (the pork is nature's vacuum cleaner by nature). Did Christians want to differ themselves from their Jewish inheritance that much(which is a contradiction since Jesus was a Jew and didn't eat pork either) ?

Delirious said...

I have a question for you. The Eastern Lightening church has been really trying to proselyte me lately (to no avail. Lol). They believe there are many Christ's. Today one of their members asked me if I had ever heard of Jehovah. I told her we believe that before He was born , Jesus was called Jehovah, and that He is the God of the Old Testament. I'm just curious to know if this is a common Christian belief, or if it is unique to our theology.

Delirious said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Delirious said...

Just leaving a comment because I forgot to request emails for follow up comments

Looney said...

@Delirious,

I have heard of the Eastern Lightning Cult from my daughter who spent some time in China. I have put one post out on God's name, as we get it from Hebrew. Hopefully I can get one more response out based on the substance of your comment.

Delirious said...

Thanks! That post does help me understand. Do other Christian churches believe this too? I never know, because they all differ so much. Some believe in repentance, some don't. Some believe in the resurrection, some don't. Some use the Old Testament, some don't. I do think of your beliefs being more in line with the Bible.