Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Polar Bear Swim ... Yikes!

Well, sadly I missed my swim.  Each New Years Day for many years I have arranged a hike.  If everything had gone perfectly, I would have been able to lead the hike and get over to the other park for the swim. We were 20 minutes delayed on getting the hike started, which was the time I needed to get between parks, so rather than a polar bear swim I spent the time at an Afghan restaurant enjoying kababs and the like while having a great time socializing with some close friends.  What a wimp.  Anyway, I did swim Sunday morning before church in the same lake, plus I plan to continue swimming later this week, so I only missed getting to meet a bunch of new club members.

3 comments:

Delirious said...

I'm sure the lake will be just as cold tomorrow. ;)

Inklings said...

I think the hike was the better plan. :0)

Rummuser said...

I don't blame you. I would miss anything for Afghani kebabs!