Saturday, November 17, 2012

Water World Swim:  Winter Alcatraz Event.

On January 5th.  Too bad it isn't New Year's Day.  As long as I don't get sick this should be easy to do.  The January Alcatraz swim might be a good way to start the year off on the right foot, um, fin?  This group is limited to 50 which is much to be preferred over starting in a pack of 800 swimmers for the large summer events.

The other swim event that looks tempting is the Golden Gate crossing, which is 3km ... a bit longer than the 2km Alcatraz swim.


3 comments:

Delirious said...

I must admit that with my phobic fear of deep water, I always cringe when I read about you doing these swims. :S I think it's cool that you are in good enough shape to do them though. But be careful! :)

Dee Ice Hole said...

Hope you do great.

Max Coutinho said...

Hi Looney,

BRRRRRR....this is I being cold on the 5th of January lol :).

I really don't know how you do it. Anyway, good luck and bring the award home (I am assuming that there is an award involved, otherwise what is the point?)!

Looney: Hip Hip, Hurray! Hip Hip, Hurray!

Cheers