Sunday, November 04, 2012

More election pondering.

"Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.  Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king. Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh." - 1 Peter 2:16-18

This is difficult, especially for me.  But so it is commanded by God.  The king during this period was likely Nero who doesn't have a particularly virtuous reputation.  Many Christians were slaves during this era, including some in the household of Caesar.


3 comments:

Delirious said...

I have to admit that I'm a little glad that I'm not in the U.S. right now. I get so upset at election time because of all the mud slinging. I also can't bear to watch people be deceived by crafty advertising. To me, this election is CRUCIAL, and I don't think I could take the political climate right now. IT's bad enough when I read opposing political views on facebook. I don't think I'm going to be able to watch the election results. I just need to wake up the next morning and find out who won. :)

Looney said...

At least you don't have to have your phone constantly ringing with political advertisements!

Looney said...

Don't want .php's linked here.