Saturday, November 17, 2012

Invitations ...

"Dear Professor Looney,

By this letter I would like to invite you to participate in two scientific events, which will be held in 2013.  First of it is Mini-Symposium 'Creep and Plasticity at Cyclic Loading' (CPCL), which will organized in the frameworks of Fourth Nonlinear Dynamics Conference.  It will be held in the tourist center 'Sevastopol' near Sevastopol, the town and port in the Ukrainian Black Sea shore.  Not only the problems of cyclic loading description, but wide range of the Creep, Damage and Plasticity directions will be presented in the CPCL sessions, like the previous one, which was in Kharkov in 2010 ...

I do appreciate such invitations, especially since the subject matter is dear to my heart.  Sadly, my sponsor  has cut back on all travel to conferences, so I will need to pass on this.  Maybe next time.

1 comment:

Delirious said...

I read this out loud to my husband and he said, "That is pure mechanical engineering!" I said, "Yes, Looney is an engineer." He was curious to know more details about what you do.