Wednesday, November 07, 2012

California Super Majority?

The dream of the California Left of becoming a one-party state seems to have been finally realized.  Not that the Republicans were much of a check on the left over the last decade.  Californians also voted twice to increase the taxes paid ... apparently buying into the notion that it is possible to save California's schools.  May the revolution continue to its glorious conclusion!

Tomorrow morning I will go back to swimming and forget what is happening on the land.

6 comments:

Vid said...

Sports were big during the Great Depression. :P

Looney said...

:-)

Max Coutinho said...

Hi Looney,

This will sound odd, but I actually agree with Vid lol.

I have no comments on California but am I wrong or was there a State that voted to legalise marijuana?

Cheers

Inklings said...

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. :) (From FINDING NEMO, just in case you haven't seen it.)

Looney said...

@Max, we have "medical marijuana" here in California. This elevated drug dealers to the status of medical doctors, so they have been actively opposed to "legal marijuana".

Looney said...

@Inklings, I probably need to put Finding Nemo on my "to be watched" list. Maybe when some grand children come along ... But that could be a while since my kids aren't married.