Saturday, October 13, 2012

Obesity?  What obesity?

Today I went shopping in an attempt to replace some of my frayed pants.  The Robinson Crusoe look is cool, but there are limits to this at work.  In the end, I could hardly find any pants that fit.  My waist is about 38 inches, which makes a 39 inch (99 cm) size pant fairly comfortable.  The problem was that most of the stores maxed out at 34 to 36 inches.  Some had 38 inches which fits, but is just too tight.  Probably I just need to fast a few days.  What I am wondering is where all those fat Americans are and where it is that they shop.  But maybe I am the fat American and I don't need to wonder.

4 comments:

Delirious said...

That's ridiculous! I think a 38 is a fairly normal size. In fact, maybe the reason you couldn't find any is because they were all sold out!

Looney said...

:-) The mall we went to was almost all Asians. It had the usual Macys and Nordstrums and the like, but they seem to have adjusted their sizes.

Ursula said...

And I had you down as a 32 max. Will now go and measure my own waist. If it's one day over 26 I shall commit Hara-Kiri. If nothing else it'll result in an immediate reduction in circumference.

U

Rummuser said...

Welcome to the club! I need a waist size 42" and that is available only in select stores!