Thursday, May 17, 2012

Preparing for surgery.

This is always quite traumatic.  The suspense.  Will the family respond well?  What if the doctor messes up?  Hopefully the relatives won't worry too much.  But things have been building up and it just has to be done.

The plan is to separate my fingers from my computer keyboard on Saturday morning and continue in this state until the third day.  The occasion is a short camping trip to the Sierras.  This would normally be unthinkable, but my wife requested that I leave the computer at home.  Ouch!  I can't remember the last time that I did not have a keyboard attached to my fingers.  But at least I will still have my iPhone.

6 comments:

Delirious said...

What I have found is that there is huge connecting tissue between the fingers and the brain. Once your brain is otherwise occupied, the fingers will follow. :) Have fun!

Inklings said...

I hope it's a fun weekend for you all, but I understand your pain. :0)

Dee Ice Hole said...

Hope you have a great three day week end. I-phones are OK but tougher to use than a keyboard. ;-)

Rummuser said...

You would love the post surgery TLC you will get Looney. Who knows? You may even decide that the detachment may just be a good permanent handicap!

Looney said...

@Rummuser, yes, the best part of the surgery is the attention and sympathy. It makes it all worthwhile! ;-)

Max Coutinho said...

Looney,

Surgery? Man, I wish you the best and don't worry: everything will be fine.

Well, you were at my blog so I am not sure whether you managed to keep your fingers aways from computer/iPhone *nodding*...men never stick to the plan lol ;).

Wishing you well and a quick recovery.