Friday, February 24, 2012

The Happiest Place On Earth:  Indonesia

India is second, tied with Mexico.  Having visited Indonesia and become addicted to the related Malaysian style curry, I can readily affirm that this is quite sensible.  The US and Australia are at the top for rich countries, although I think our numbers are being dragged down by the feminists ... the least happy people on Earth.  Well behind us are Saudi Arabia and Britain which have become quite homogeneous due to immigration.  Germany's low ranking is no surprise, but what to make of France?  Is it true that the 30- hour work week has not made the French less gloomy?  Or maybe they spend so much time fussing over which wine to drink that they can't relax and enjoy it.  I don't know much about Italy.  My experiences with Russians seems consistent with the ranking in the survey.  Last place is South Korea.  Given that I have never seen a happy waiter at a Korean restaurant, this would make sense too.  Perhaps it is the result of eating kimchi every day.

3 comments:

Delirious said...

"although I think our numbers are being dragged down by the feminists ... the least happy people on Earth" LOL that got a belly laugh out of me!

M.S.F. said...

I do feel pretty happy when I'm in Indonesia...

Rummuser said...

I am happy where I am. Delirious, despite your attempts to fix me up with dates, the feminists are ensuring that I stay happy in India.