Saturday, November 19, 2011

Watch Out.

It was inevitable.  After several days of missing my watch and finally writing a blog post lamenting the fact, there came a bit of whimpering sound from under my desk.  A careful search followed and my beloved watch was found.  How could this happen?

I have been sick for nearly two months with what is probably whooping cough.  Periodically the coughing picks up to the point that I pass out.  Twice I woke up on the floor, but usually I collapse in my chair and onto the desk.  The best I can figure is that in one of those fits I knocked my watch onto the floor and kicked it away.  She was hurt, but promised to try and not take it too personally.  It is important to be forgiving in relationships.

3 comments:

Delirious said...

Yay for finding your watch! Boo for passing out! Be careful when you drive, I would hate for you to pass out then! Pull over if you start to cough. Do I sound like your mother yet? ;) Have the doctor's any idea for how long it will take for you to get over this? I'm praying for you.

Now if I could just find my husband's glasses as quickly as you found your beloved watch....

Maybe you should name her... ;)

Dee Ice Hole said...

Glad you found your watch. Hope you figure out how to deal with the cough. I have a terrible cough that came from many years of smoking. It is slowly clearing up (and I do mean slowly)as it has been five years and a month since I quit. My Doctor has reduced my meds by 7/8ths but I still take the lemon/honey mixture daily---sometimes hourly.

Looney said...

@Dee Ice Hole, good for you on quitting the smoking. My father-in-law did the same when he was in his 60s and it help his health immensely.

@Delirious, the doctors are amazingly non-committal about everything.