Thursday, July 14, 2011

California's Gay History.

Yes, our famous governor, Jerry Brown, just signed a law requiring the teaching of gay history to all California school children.  Now I should admit that Christians are generally favorable to the notion of gay history being taught.  Nero, Caligula, Government funded male shrine prostitutes, forceably transgendered eunuchs, pederasty, Sodom & Gomorrah, STD's...  should all be taught.  No problem here.

This being California, however, we need to keep in mind that California school history textbooks are written by moonlighting Hollywood script writers.  Nero is simply a program for dealing with media.  What we will learn from the new textbooks is that Columbus was gay and he discovered the New World by accident while fleeing the Inquisition.  Mohammed had set his mind on a pacifist religion of peace, but was forced against his will to pick up a sword to defend the honor of his lesbian sister who was relentlessly taunted by the Jews.  Then there was the famous charge of the LGT Brigade.  The possibilities are endless.

My real concern, however, is that the large majority of California school students find history anything but gay and instead tune out, fall asleep and/or get high during class ... and that is for the few who actually bother to go to class.  Thankfully Hollywood has already written an outstanding text on Gay California History as a search of the archives quickly proves.  The following should satisfy all parties as Zorro The Gay Blade leads a revolt against excessive taxes and inane regulations that were stifling the economy of our state back in the early 19th century.  Brown and Steinberg, are you listening?  And yes, it will keep the kids awake too.

7 comments:

satire and theology said...

Let me guess, it will be a secular, fairly liberal 'gay' history.

Looney said...

It will certainly be beyond the imagination of ordinary folk!

Rummuser said...

Looney, where on earth did you discover that spoof? I saw the embedded one and went off on other similar ones on Zoro. I hope that your blog received the attention that it desrves!

Looney said...

Rummuser, I don't get much attention here, but that is probably for the best.

This particular Zorro film was one I remembered from 30 years ago. It had a very brief showing! These days reality seems crazier than the spoof!

Delirious said...

I wonder if I will be able to sign my child out of this part of the class, just as I have the option to opt him out of the sex education classes.... This REALLY enrages me, makes me want to HOME SCHOOL!!

Looney said...

Delirious, the law requires the GLBT theology to be taught starting from kindergarten. You have any more little ones on the way?

Delirious said...

lol not if I have a say in it Looney! I'll be 50 on my birthday. lol But my youngest is 13, and I'm sure he will have to endure this propaganda at least through high school. grrrrrr