Sunday, June 26, 2011

6,000 yard swim.

Yesterday's 4 hours 45 minutes in the mountains was designed to leave me tuckered out for the start of this morning's swim.  Starting a workout tired from the previous day makes it more severe, thus, causing more benefit!  A bit of lingering coughing wasn't helping.  Three others joined for the 7am start and the swim went along uneventfully.  That was the best that could be hoped for.  One of them told me my final time for the 6,000 yards was 1 hour, 54 minutes.  With two weeks to go, the plan is to put in more time this week, then ease up the next week.  Swim Around The Rock is 5,700 yards and my hope is to break 2 hours.  Given the choppy waves and tides, this is still a bit uncertain, but we shall see.  Off to church ...

1 comment:

Max Coutinho said...

Oh Looney,

Just by reading this post I got tired LOL...you have too much energy in you; I can tell you this much.

Just remember: I am crossing my fingers for you! :D

Cheers