Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Swim Around the Rock. July 9th, 2011.

If at first you don't succeed ... try, try again.  Except that last year I didn't even try.  The training started too late and then I got sick just before the event.  There was also something nasty in the water at my swim area, Quarry Lakes.  All the other Alcatraz swims were full, on Sundays, or conflicted with travel.  This year I have been swimming regularly in a pool, which means that I can adjust to the 3.25 miles easier, but need to get out and swim in the cold water with waves and critters.  Santa Cruz is a good place.


4 comments:

Dee Ice Hole said...

Good luck---I think you are crazy to want to do this.

Ramana Rajgopaul said...

All the very best Looney. Remember the toothpaste!

Max Coutinho said...

Hey Looney,

You are giving it another go this year, eh? Good for you!

Have vitamins (we don't want you sick this year) and win that thing! Your fans will be here supporting you ;)...

Go Looney, Go Looney!

Looney said...

Thanks for all the encouragement! I better get on with the training.