Sunday, May 22, 2011

Praising the Canadian Family.

The mother is giving me an earful about getting too close to her little ones.  With so many crazies here in California, who could blame her?  She is a loving and caring mom.  


This is the loyal dad challenging me to a duel to the death.  Being the, um, underdog doesn't bother him in the least.  My sense is that he watched Nacho Libre too many times, but I declined the challenge.


In spite of the overheated rhetoric, the experience of meeting this young family was truly encouraging.  Their faithful determination to raise children together in an uncertain environment was inspiring.  There was also not the slightest trace of any sympathy for the non-traditional family.  May God bless them as they raise their children.

6 comments:

Dee Ice Hole said...

Looney---just for the record---Geese ARE the best watch dogs. Turkeys are second.

Inklings said...

The sad thing here is that the flooding has destroyed many of the geese (and other waterfowl) nests, so they wander around with no nest, no eggs.

Jo Lynn said...

I just love how they take care of their little families. ;)

Rummuser said...

Thathaasthu.

Anonymous said...

Yes, "geese ARE the best watch dogs." When I was little, we had a goose to patrol the house. I learned to run as fast as I could to avoid being pecked when I came home from school. The thief never came until the goose was gone. -Mrs. Looney

Max Coutinho said...

Looney,

You are terrible! lol
This was one nice way of criticising the new definitions of family (and should I also add...new definition of married couples?)...it was subtle..

As for the geese: they are so cute. More than this I cannot say, because my family have geese and they eat them...

Cheers