Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Feeling a bit wobbly ...

There is still fluid in my lungs from the cold I picked up in late August, but I can't stand it and had to get back on the trails again. Today I finally made it back up Mission Peak. Theoretically we are having a heat wave, but I didn't notice too much. The computers were humming today in the work room, but I didn't feel a need for the air conditioner. Guess you can't trust the news.

The kids borrowed my camera for some school photography so I went up empty handed. A startled deer was the most interesting thing I could have photographed, but then there was a beautiful blue sky against the brown peaks. There was also my young friend who I met running. He has recently completed a master's degree in seminary, which means that I won't be seeing him much as he helps out in a church across the bay. The picture is one from long ago on the back side of Mission Peak during a different season. With all the steep terrain, there are some long stretches of flat single track. Hopefully I can get back into the running routine.

7 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

That photo was taken quite a while ago, it's so beautiful and green.

Delirious said...

Those tracks are so appealing to me. Alas...I'm not in good enough shape to run them. The other problem is that I live a little more inland than you, and we DO feel the heat wave!

Marf said...

No heatwave here. Been low 50's, raining and windy.

Rummuser said...

Hope you get well soon. I did after ten days of discomfort from the seasonal cold too and since the last three days am back to my yogabhyas and daily walks.

Marf said...

Now I've got a cold. I blame you, Looney. I don't know how, but I caught it from you! lol

Looney said...

Sorry Marf. I will work harder to sanitize my internet postings.

Marf said...

I'm pretty sure it's just a common cold, so it's viral. My AVG antivirus failed me!