Saturday, September 26, 2009

Don't get mad, get even ...

I should have worked harder on the focus, but admittedly my patience wasn't as it should have been. The yellow jacket was probably attracted to my sweaty shirt, and then got caught between the backpack and my shirt. Then there was a ZAP! as the little guy decided to let me know he wasn't happy about his predicament. There was no way to get him off, except to remove my pack, camera and shirt, but as you can see, he was still stuck on my shirt. Perhaps that little stinger just wouldn't come out.

I was still more or less in a forgiving mood, so I was hoping he would just fly away. In the end, I stepped on him and then shook my shirt out. Should I have reacted differently?

6 comments:

Marf said...

You killed one of God's creatures! You must go repent at once! In all seriousness, I'd of killed it, too.

Though I've never been stung by one. Or a bee, wasp, or anything. I've came close a few times riding my bike.

Delirious said...

Well, it does seem you gave him a fair chance to leave...

Inklings said...

I give them a chance, and if they don't leave, I do just like you did.

Looney said...

Hmmm. In my younger days I found killing these critters to be great sport. One of my favorites was using the vacuum cleaner to suck them in. Spraying with alcohol is also quite effective.

Livingsword said...

LOL

"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?"

Could it have been a kamikaze mission?

Speaking of kamikaze mission tis the season for Fantasy Hockey....check out our new blog dedicated to this and other hockeyish pursuits...I am getting emails demanding your participation in our Fantasy Hockey..particularly from Chocolate Girl...ok she didn’t email me but told me form the room next door...I think she liked your support during the finals this past season....I promise to come by and be a better blogger...

http://vancouvercanucksfantasyhockey.blogspot.com/

Looney said...

Livingsword, I presumed it would be necessary for me to join in again after last year's amazing performance! I hope all is well with you two, but it does seem you are a bit busier these days. Probably a good thing?!