Tag #2 from Livingsword.
Here are the rules: 1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog. 2. Share 7 facts about yourself - some random, some weird. 3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
1) I tried to do Mount Whitney as a trail run. The picture is from the start. I had acclimated to the altitude nicely at Mammoth the week before, but the cold air took its toll on my lungs and I had to abandon the effort about 2 miles from the summit in a fit of coughing. I usually carry some cough suppressant now as a result.
2) A company sent me to Germany for a few weeks of work, and the Berlin wall came down while I was there.
3) A company sent me to Germany again a year later, and the country re-unified and celebrated. Later, I went to South Korea later firmly convinced of my Obama like powers to bring about peace and harmony between divided peoples. Nothing happened.
4) I am a high school drop-out.
5) I bicycled up le Col de la Bonnette, which claims to be the highest mountain pass in the Alps. No, this wasn't part of a tour. Just something to kill time on the weekend while working in Sophia-Antipolis.
6) I had my first tooth filling when I was about 45 years old.
7) I am subject to the "doctrine of total depravity". Thus, I will not tag anyone else.