Sunday, August 17, 2008

Getting ready for an MRI on my knee ...

After months of knee pain, I finally have an MRI scheduled for today, but my knee stopped hurting yesterday. What to do? Climb Mission Peak and run down to irritate the knee and hopefully something will show in the MRI. The full moon made for a good start at 5:15AM. A young lady passed me about a mile from the top which meant that I was morally obligated to do some chasing. I passed her while running on the way down, but then she started running too and it was a fast chase for another 1.5 miles. A mile from the end, however, I had to back off to an easy jog and she zoomed off into the distance. Yes, I confess that I am a lazy slacker. 6:55AM and I was back at the parking lot. There is some knee irritation now, but not nearly what I have been experiencing a week earlier. Perhaps I should pray for a full healing of the knee, but I usually pray that the doctor will be able to see some clear evidence of an identifiable and treatable ailment. Time to go to church.

3 comments:

Marf said...

A lazy slacker wouldn't have gone at all.

Delirious said...

chasing women at your age...tsk tsk. ;)

Looney said...

Yes, I am setting a bad example for old men every where - as if old men needed another bad example.