Thursday, May 29, 2008

Looks like Marf tagged me ...

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?


I was doing an extended job in Devon and went biking from Tiverton to Dartmoor to check out the scene of Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes story, The Hound of the Baskervilles. Being a conservation type, I decided to use a bicycle for my transportation during the stay (6 mile one way commute). It turned out to be the rainiest summer in Devon since 1876. Yeh!

2. 5 things on my to do list for today.
  • Take my nephew with his cardboard boat to school for the competition. The boats must carry the kids the length of the 25 meter pool.
  • Get some work done.
  • Swim a mile at Quarry Lakes.
  • Run a quarter marathon on the Alameda Creek Bicycle Trail.
  • Respond to this tag.
3. Snacks I enjoy.

DarkWhite Chocolate.

4. Things I would do if I were a Billionaire.

The Lord has already given me more than enough of what I don't need and my kids are spoiled. Giving away a billion dollars wisely would be a full time job. No more dreams of retirement ...

5. Places I have lived.

Well if I include 2 months or more ... Philadelphia and Pittsburg, PA; Columbus, OH, Knoxville, TN; Placentia, Orange, Anaheim, Newark, Livermore, Fremont, CA; Osaka & Nara Prefecture, Japan; Tiveron, UK; Vert-le-Petit & Sophia Antipolis, France. Hopefully that is enough.

6. Bloggers I want to know about.

The more the better. I will spare the blogging universe by not tagging anyone.

3 comments:

Marf said...

Wow, quite athletic. Swim a mile and run a quarter marathon?

lol, opposite with the chocolate.

Also a lot of places you've lived.

Thanks for doing this.

Looney said...

Lots of opposites. You lived in one place and long to see more. I have left out many shorter stays and sometimes feel like I am a modern gypsy with no roots and no permanent friends.

Marf said...

Wow. I'm kind-of shocked at such an honest and personal statement. I can definitely see the negatives of moving all the time.

If I were moving like that I wouldn't have any friends. I'm very slow to make friends. I'm too damn withdrawn in real life.